Here is this week’s short story writing prompt challenge. Feel free to reorganize, use all or some as you please. Remember this is just to spark inspiration to get you going. Read on for all the details!
Selected Image from pixabay.com
Selection influenced by the Writing Challenge Set
Set Up At Least 2 Characters
- it’s easier to build a dynamic with at least two characters
- for a greater challenge use just one
- use too many characters and the short story gets messy
- use existing characters created from the Chaos Cast Challenges
- or create new characters
- you can use an online dice roller to randomly select an existing character
- if you have 7 characters and you used a d8 but rolled an 8, create a new character to fill the empty slot (or roll again) for example
- you are also free to just choose the characters you want to write about
- choose a setting created from the Chaos Set Challenges
Random Writing Challenge Set
Randomly selected from the Chaos Beats Series
- Someone becomes inspired by something.
- Someone becomes thoughtful about the past.
- Someone encounters a trusting person.
- Someone, or something, is abandoned.
- Someone becomes peaceful.
- Someone spends time on their own.
Tarot Basic Plot Themes Set
Randomly generated from the Orphalese Tarot program
Knight of Pentacles
- STEWARD OF THE BODY
Nine of Swords
Rising Action Theme:
Ten of Wands
Falling Action Theme:
- BALANCED WISDOM
Three of Pentacles
Feel free to reorganize, use all or some as you please. Remember this is just to spark inspiration to get you going!
~ Mystic Faerie Tarot by Linda Ravenscroft (Illustrator), Barbara Moore (Author) © 2015
~ Credit for 3D model and assets used in this rendered image can be found here.