Here is this week’s short story writing prompt challenge. Feel free to reorganize, use all or some as you please. Remember this is just to spark inspiration to get you going. Read on for all the details!
Selected Image from pixabay.com
Selection influenced by the Writing Challenge Set
Set Up At Least 2 Characters
- it’s easier to build a dynamic with at least two characters
- for a greater challenge use just one
- use too many characters and the short story gets messy
- use existing characters created from the Chaos Cast Challenges
- or create new characters
- you can use an online dice roller to randomly select an existing character
- if you have 7 characters and you used a d8 but rolled an 8, create a new character to fill the empty slot (or roll again) for example
- you are also free to just choose the characters you want to write about
- choose a setting created from the Chaos Set Challenges
Random Writing Challenge Set
Randomly selected from the Chaos Beats Series
- Someone makes rapid progress in something.
- Someone ends up feeling dejected.
- Someone becomes tired of something.
- Someone is held accountable for something.
- Someone becomes exhausted.
- Someone discovers an opportunity.
Tarot Basic Plot Themes Set
Randomly generated from the Orphalese Tarot program
Rising Action Theme:
Three of Pentacles
Falling Action Theme:
Three of Cups
Five of Pentacles
Feel free to reorganize, use all or some as you please. Remember this is just to spark inspiration to get you going!
~ Mythic Tarot by Liz Greene (Author), Juliet Sharman-Burke (Author), Tricia Newell (Illustrator) © 1986
~ Credit for 3D model and assets used in this rendered image can be found here.