Here is this week’s short story writing prompt challenge. Feel free to reorganize, use all or some as you please. Remember this is just to spark inspiration to get you going. Read on for all the details!
Selected Image from pixabay.com
Selection influenced by the Writing Challenge Set
Set Up At Least 2 Characters
- it’s easier to build a dynamic with at least two characters
- for a greater challenge use just one
- use too many characters and the short story gets messy
- use existing characters created from the Chaos Cast Challenges
- or create new characters
- you can use an online dice roller to randomly select an existing character
- if you have 7 characters and you used a d8 but rolled an 8, create a new character to fill the empty slot (or roll again) for example
- you are also free to just choose the characters you want to write about
- choose a setting created from the Chaos Set Challenges
Random Writing Challenge Set
Randomly selected from the Chaos Beats Series
- Someone struggles with their ego centered around their intellect.
- Someone encounters an alchemist.
- Someone meets a rival.
- Someone is asked to look at something from a different angle.
- Someone struggles with guilt.
- Someone lets their heart lead the way.
Tarot Basic Plot Themes Set
Randomly generated from the Orphalese Tarot program
- PURE POTENTIAL
Two of Wands
Rising Action Theme:
Seven of Wands
The High Priestess
- POWER OF UNDERSTANDING
Falling Action Theme:
Five of Swords
- NEGATIVE AMBITION
Feel free to reorganize, use all or some as you please. Remember this is just to spark inspiration to get you going!
~ Gilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti (Illustrator), Barbara Moore (Author) © 2015
~ Credit for 3D model and assets used in this rendered image can be found here.