Here is this week’s short story writing prompt challenge. Feel free to reorganize, use all or some as you please. Remember this is just to spark inspiration to get you going. Read on for all the details!
Selected Image from pixabay.com
Selection influenced by a randomly generated card from the Orphalese Tarot program
Set Up At Least 2 Characters
- it’s easier to build a dynamic with at least two characters
- for a greater challenge use just one
- use too many characters and the short story gets messy
- use existing characters created from the Chaos Cast Challenges
- or create new characters
- you can use an online dice roller to randomly select an existing character
- if you have 7 characters and you used a d8 but rolled an 8, create a new character to fill the empty slot (or roll again) for example
- you are also free to just choose the characters you want to write about
- choose a setting created from the Chaos Set Challenges
Random Writing Challenge Set
Randomly selected from the Chaos Beats Series
- Something is wasted.
- Someone becomes creative.
- Someone is awakened.
- Someone encounters a tolerant person.
- Someone finds themselves in a stalemate.
- Someone feels dispirited.
Tarot Basic Plot Themes Set
Randomly generated from the Orphalese Tarot program
Six of Cups
Nine of Swords
Rising Action Theme:
Eight of Wands
- KARMIC ACTION
Ten of Cups
Falling Action Theme:
Ten of Wands
Feel free to reorganize, use all or some as you please. Remember this is just to spark inspiration to get you going!
~ Necronomicon Tarot by Anne Stokes (Illustrator), Donald Tyson (Author) © 2012
~ Credit for 3D model and assets used in this rendered image can be found here.