Here is this week’s short story writing prompt challenge. Feel free to reorganize, use all or some as you please. Remember this is just to spark inspiration to get you going. Read on for all the details!
Selected Image from pixabay.com
Selection influenced by a randomly generated card from the Orphalese Tarot program
Set Up At Least 2 Characters
- it’s easier to build a dynamic with at least two characters
- for a greater challenge use just one
- use too many characters and the short story gets messy
- use existing characters created from the Chaos Cast Challenges
- or create new characters
- you can use an online dice roller to randomly select an existing character
- if you have 7 characters and you used a d8 but rolled an 8, create a new character to fill the empty slot (or roll again) for example
- you are also free to just choose the characters you want to write about
- choose a setting created from the Chaos Set Challenges
Random Writing Challenge Set
Randomly selected from the Chaos Beats Series
- Someone just happens to have exactly what’s needed on hand.
- Someone becomes empowered to take action.
- Someone is meticulous.
- Someone becomes disheartened.
- Someone encounters a gracious person.
- Someone wields their intellect like a weapon.
Tarot Basic Plot Themes Set
Randomly generated from the Orphalese Tarot program
Ten of Wands
Ten of Coins
Rising Action Theme:
Two of Cups
The Wheel of Fortune
Falling Action Theme:
Queen of Cups
- MOTHER OF THE HEART
Three of Coins
Feel free to reorganize, use all or some as you please. Remember this is just to spark inspiration to get you going!
~ Dragon Tarot by Terry Donaldson (Author), Peter Pracownik (Illustrator) © 1995
~ Credit for 3D model and assets used in this rendered image can be found here.