Here is this week’s short story writing prompt challenge. Feel free to reorganize, use all or some as you please. Remember this is just to spark inspiration to get you going. Read on for all the details!
Selected Image from pixabay.com
Selection influenced by a randomly generated card from the Orphalese Tarot program
Set Up At Least 2 Characters
- it’s easier to build a dynamic with at least two characters
- for a greater challenge use just one
- use too many characters and the short story gets messy
- use existing characters created from the Chaos Cast Challenges
- or create new characters
- you can use an online dice roller to randomly select an existing character
- if you have 7 characters and you used a d8 but rolled an 8, create a new character to fill the empty slot (or roll again) for example
- you are also free to just choose the characters you want to write about
- choose a setting created from the Chaos Set Challenges
Random Writing Challenge Set
Randomly selected from the Chaos Beats Series
- Someone wishes for what might have been.
- Someone is feeling drained.
- Someone remembers something important.
- Someone addresses unfinished business.
- Someone puts their interests last.
- Someone becomes noble.
Tarot Basic Plot Themes Set
Randomly generated from the Orphalese Tarot program
Two of Swords
- INSIGHT OF THE MIND
Nine of Pentacles
- WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- IDEAL OF THE PHYSICAL
Rising Action Theme:
Ace of Swords
- GIFT OF THE MIND
- POTENTIAL OF THE MIND FROM ALL
Seven of Wands
- KNOWLEDGE OF THE SOUL
Falling Action Theme:
Page of Cups
- PROMISE OF THE HEART
- NOBLE PURE INSIGHT IN THE POTENTIAL OF THE HEART INTO THE PHYSICAL REALM FROM ALL
- GREAT MOTHER
- GRAND EXPRESSION OF THE PHYSICAL
Feel free to reorganize, use all or some as you please. Remember this is just to spark inspiration to get you going!
~ Steampunk Tarot by Aly Fell (Illustrator), Barbara Moore (Author) © 2012
~ Credit for 3D model and assets used in this rendered image can be found here.