Here is this week’s short story writing prompt challenge. Feel free to reorganize, use all or some as you please. Remember this is just to spark inspiration to get you going. Read on for all the details!
Selected Image from pixabay.com
Selection influenced by the Writing Challenge Set
Set Up At Least 2 Characters
- it’s easier to build a dynamic with at least two characters
- for a greater challenge use just one
- use too many characters and the short story gets messy
- use existing characters created from the Chaos Cast Challenges
- or create new characters
- you can use an online dice roller to randomly select an existing character
- if you have 7 characters and you used a d8 but rolled an 8, create a new character to fill the empty slot (or roll again) for example
- you are also free to just choose the characters you want to write about
- choose a setting created from the Chaos Set Challenges
Random Writing Challenge Set
Randomly selected from the Chaos Beats Series
- Someone enters an art room.
- Something is stabilized.
- Someone reflects on their progress.
- Someone reclaims their power.
- Someone has a reason to celebrate with their friends.
- Someone finds themselves in a stalemate.
Tarot Basic Plot Themes Set
Randomly generated from the Orphalese Tarot program
Ten of Swords
King of Wands
- MASTER OF THE SOUL
Rising Action Theme:
Five of Pentacles
Two of Pentacles
Falling Action Theme:
Nine of Cups
Ace of Pentacles
- GIFT OF THE BODY
Feel free to reorganize, use all or some as you please. Remember this is just to spark inspiration to get you going!
~ Shadowscapes Tarot by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law (Illustrator), Barbara Moore (Author) © 2011
~ Credit for 3D model and assets used in this rendered image can be found here.